miss rema erd
i am Hannah (my name's a palindrome).
i am the first daughter of the first daughter of the first daughter.
i love my family deep deep. my favourite red is carmaine.
i also love football, good books, sunsets, grinning babies, poets, photographers, a good intellectual conversation, quirky people, pious bad boys with soft hearts and good minds, happy surprises, the rain, flat shoes, the thought of painting, coffeebean's caramel ice blend, borders (as in the bookstore), bubble tea, and waking up on my own.
/ Ice Skate @ Kallang Leisure Park
/ Rollerblade @ ECP
/ Plan a community service project coming up!
/ Enter a photography contest
/ Jog with Tch Rapiah @ Tamp Stadium coming up!
/ Buy an English translation Qura'an
/ Buy the $100 book on the 4 Imams
/ Take up a new skill @ a CC
/ Paint a picture by Singapore River
/ Play paintball @ SDC
/ Go to the Tree Top @ MacRitchie
/ Learn how to (really) ride a horse
/ Plan an event for my old Madrasah
/
caveat lector
I was happily producing some eye-ooze (because it's the most important thing to produce in the morning) when, at 730 in the crazy morning, Azimah rang: "Eh. Kau pergi mentoring session tak?"
Oh. No. Shhhhhhhoot. "Alamak, got mentoring session ah? I forgot to check school email ah."
But being the dang lucky girl that I am, Aba sent me to East View Primary School by 9am. The first thing that immediately caught my attention was this mural on the wall; it went wham-bam in my face. (I'm uploading the photos soon, by Thursday insyaAllah, at my Multiply web. Look out for it.)
I was there for a bit more than an hour - all I did was shoot people and some flowers. When I got there, a student came up to me and ask, "Eh you just came ah? You mentor also?"
They were that outspoken and friendly. So I said, "Yup, my name is Han."
"Oh hi. My name is Nurul." I took a picture of her. Look for her. (I secretly hope she would be one of my mentees.)
Because there wasn't much to do - since this was EVPS's first mentoring session, all they did was break the ice and play games - I accompanied Azimah to the 2nd school in my experience as a Mentor at White Sands Primary School. (1st was Griffiths, East View is the 3rd).
I had my best memories as a Mentor there, and there was where my favourite Mentee was from too (to name one favourite, Sufiah). There were only four familiar faces there now, and it felt so different without the rest of them; I felt almost dissapointed that I went.
Later that night, I messaged four of them, saying how I miss them and all. They replied, and Sufiah even called me up. She is that sweet; I adore her.
From White Sands I made my home, and met Lili who was back from school, in the bus. She managed to convince me to drop by West Plaza (ten minutes away from home). I have been wanting to try at making pancakes for a while. So we got pancake mix, ribena for me and 7up ice for her.
So we were walking and walking when I saw.. A FLOWER SHOP. My heart actually beat faster, can you believe it? "Do you take Nets? Noooo? Oh ok.." Arghhh. I didn't have any cash with me. So we went back all the way, and waited for almost 15 minutes in line to withdraw money (Lili: Sabar, Kak, Sabaaaaaaaar).
When it was finally in my hands, I was like *grinning big big big*. Ended up buying spongebob stickers for the kids, my beautiful beautiful flowers (carnation, daisies and gerberas) and two batik wrapping papers (because they were nice).
But the flowers. Man. They pretty much made the rest of my day.
At night went to rumah nyayi, me and the kids played 20-Questions. You have to guess an item that the person is thinking of by asking questions.
Dee: Ok *thinks in head*
Me: Einstein? Gasing? Maz?
Dee: NOoooo. (sometime later:) Barbie!
Dee: Ok *thinks in head*
Me: Einstein? Gasing? Maz?
Dee: No lah! (sometime later:) Misai!
Dee: Ok *thinks in head*
Me: Einstein? Gasing? Maz?
Dee: -_-"
Sunday: Spring Cleaning (or winter cleaning, if you're in Australia)
My room changes colour and look at least four times a year. By now, I'm too tired to tell all. Let's just say it took me and Lili a good four hours to mess it and clean it all up. I don't know about Lili, but I had fun.
Especially since my beautiful beautiful flowers look extra beautiful on my now-cleared desk. ^_^
Pictures will also be uploaded soon.
Bye for now! (Drop me a thought.)
broke my fall (0)
sapienta
but reading, good company and reflection
must finish him.
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!