miss rema erd
i am Hannah (my name's a palindrome).
i am the first daughter of the first daughter of the first daughter.
i love my family deep deep. my favourite red is carmaine.
i also love football, good books, sunsets, grinning babies, poets, photographers, a good intellectual conversation, quirky people, pious bad boys with soft hearts and good minds, happy surprises, the rain, flat shoes, the thought of painting, coffeebean's caramel ice blend, borders (as in the bookstore), bubble tea, and waking up on my own.
/ Ice Skate @ Kallang Leisure Park
/ Rollerblade @ ECP
/ Plan a community service project coming up!
/ Enter a photography contest
/ Jog with Tch Rapiah @ Tamp Stadium coming up!
/ Buy an English translation Qura'an
/ Buy the $100 book on the 4 Imams
/ Take up a new skill @ a CC
/ Paint a picture by Singapore River
/ Play paintball @ SDC
/ Go to the Tree Top @ MacRitchie
/ Learn how to (really) ride a horse
/ Plan an event for my old Madrasah
/
caveat lector
Ahhh man, yesterday was fun! Maybe I do miss my chums more than I admit. Hmm. We initially planned to meet at 5, so as soon as the azan prayer for Asar berkumandang, I prayed and took off. Then when waiting for the bus, Liza called and said to meet at 530 at Paya Lebar, that danggitydee! Hahah. So I walked like a Princess to the library, read some books... *Gasp*! 5.15 already?? Then when I was at Tampines Liza called.
"Han! Kau kat mana?"
"Aku kat Tamp ah. Kau katne?"
"Aku da sampai! Kau kat Tamp?? Bedeeeek!!"
"Betol la aku kat Tamp MRT!"
"Eh da pukul berapa tahu tak?"
"Rileks laa belom 530!"
"Da 525! Lagi lima minit je tau!"
"Yelah kau tunggu je la Princess Han datang! Sheesh."
^-^
So I got there at 540, saw Amy and his brother Rayyan and Liza. Sooo nice to have people waiting for me instead of the other way round. Hahah! It was weird, because usually, Liza and Amy will be the ones wearing skirt and bringing bags, and I will be the one wearing jeans, jalan lenggang lenggok. Yesterday, the tomboy wore the skirt.
"Han! Sejak bila kau pakai skirt?"
"Aku da jadi prompuan ape!"
"Eh? Sejak bila kau lelaki? Operation kau brape mahal?"
"Ala murah je.. Baca Surah Yasin then-" *This conversation is cut off because of mature contents. Peace!*
We arrived at The Banquet 50 minutes before Azan. I didn't know at that moment that taking out the camera in front of Liza would be a huge mistake (Hahah). Really, that girl ah, her pictures only like, more than 10 ah! Fuyoooo. Thank God my camera wasn't spoilt.. (Abeh Liza nak mrajok! Takmo gini ah babe! You're my friiiiend!)
Then later Hajar came... WITH HAUWA!! With oh-my-mom-won't-let-me-come, I'm-so-sorry-Han, sedih-nyer-tak-dapat-join HAUWA!! (Nasib baik bulan Ramadhan Wer, kalau tidak... nanti kau raya. Hahah! Wer, aku nye you-know-what still terselit ah. Ano kan?)
Moments later, the queen Jaja arrived. So nice to see her!! Really, I felt like changing seat to sit in front of her, but.. Hmmm. Thanks for the chicken skin Ja! (Btw, you're not still mad at me.. are you? *makes pathetic innocent face* Alaaa I've always wanted to tell you, but wrong timing ah.. Hee)
Then we ate and laughed and joked and teased and made faces when Liza took (more) pictures (oh, Hajar also joined. And Jaja!) and Amy still loyar buruk and we threw chicken bones at each other! Okay kidding. After burping, we walked through Geylang and went to Darul Aman. Wahh so nice la they renovated mosque. After praying, we took like bazillion pictures till my camera spoil (kidding). But fun ah. At 830 I had to go home, and when Han goes home, everyone also go home. Well what can I say.. (*you're thinking: Han don't say anything. Shuttup*) Heheh ok laaa!
Then at 920 I was reunited with my family at Istighfar.
But guys, I really had a great time. *big hug* We should do that some other time. Not only during Ramadhan ah, maybe after Raya, go out and eat or what. Will be looking forward to it.
And oh ya, the pictures, I'll either be posting at my Multiply gallery or I send to you guys through email. Will alert you once I have done so.
Take care tonchets! Follow Kak Han and don't be naughty kay? *princess wave*
broke my fall (0)
sapienta
but reading, good company and reflection
must finish him.
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!