miss rema erd
i am Hannah (my name's a palindrome).
i am the first daughter of the first daughter of the first daughter.
i love my family deep deep. my favourite red is carmaine.
i also love football, good books, sunsets, grinning babies, poets, photographers, a good intellectual conversation, quirky people, pious bad boys with soft hearts and good minds, happy surprises, the rain, flat shoes, the thought of painting, coffeebean's caramel ice blend, borders (as in the bookstore), bubble tea, and waking up on my own.
/ Ice Skate @ Kallang Leisure Park
/ Rollerblade @ ECP
/ Plan a community service project coming up!
/ Enter a photography contest
/ Jog with Tch Rapiah @ Tamp Stadium coming up!
/ Buy an English translation Qura'an
/ Buy the $100 book on the 4 Imams
/ Take up a new skill @ a CC
/ Paint a picture by Singapore River
/ Play paintball @ SDC
/ Go to the Tree Top @ MacRitchie
/ Learn how to (really) ride a horse
/ Plan an event for my old Madrasah
/
caveat lector
"I'd be 18 and 5 months, give or take a couple of days. Not that you'd give a damn, really. Heh."
2.where are you studying now?
"At Temasek Poly. Where the sun shines, the leaves whisper and there's a reservoir at the back gate. Faaab."
3.how often do you change your friendster profile?
"On average, once in two months? Give or take."
4.the first thing you do with your birthday money?
"Buy ice cream and cake. Or KFC."
5.would you go on a trip alone?
"No. I'd like to have someone to come along. To help me carry my stuff. Hahah. Maybe one fine day.."
6.when your parents go away for the weekend, what do you do?
"Nahh they won't go away for the weekend without me! Heheh."
7.your idea of a great date?
"Lots of smiles. Laughs. Good conversation. Peace and quiet. No goodbyes."
8.idea of a great holiday?
"Camera in hand, money in pocket, great company."
9.ever gone camping?
*ponders* "Naaah. I'm a city girl. ^ - ^ "
10.last vacation?
"Last December, I think. Or was it last october? Or last June? Somewhere along the line. Went to KL with the family."
11.any upcoming events you look forward to?
"Yeah going out with old maids on, eh I mean old MATES (hahah) on Wednesday."
12.proud to be the nationality you are?
"Yes I am."
13.going overseas for studies anytime soon?
"I don't think so, no."
14.are you a morning person?
"Yes. Morning person, afternoon person, evening person, night person.. Babe, you'd want to hang out with me any time of the day.."
15.what's your fave decorative item in your room?
"Hmm decorative.. Hard to choose. Deco in my room everywhere. But I'd say one of my favourites would be the United banner."
16.do you like your current hairstyle?
"What hairstyle? I wanna chop off the hair on my head. Not all la deng!"
17.what about the color?
"Virgin black, dude. It's gonna stay that way, until it changes itself in, say, thirty years from now? Insya Allah."
18.person(s) who makes you laugh the most?
"Awww.. My family (when we're lame and funny, we're lame and funny), Wani..."
19.current mood?
"I'm bored. I really need a distraction. I miss school and all its people."
20.last place you've been to?
"The mosque last night. I think last night I behaved real good. Usually I played around with the kids (most prolly 'cause I still am one too. I know Wani's nodding her head) but last night just sat around.. The makcik2 must be real proud of me."
21. you are..?
"America's Next Top Model. But don't tell anyone; I have a busy schedule to follow and have absolutely no time to attend to the needs of my loyal fans."
22.they say you are...?
"Sexy. But it gets boring, after a while. They say I'm real humble, too. ^-^"
23.yesterday...?
*sings*: "All my troubles seem so faaaar away..." (For those blur-blur people out there, that's a line from Beatles song. A famous Beatles song, so if you didn't know, you need to see the doctor. Immediately. Try the emergency room.)
You: "Han, why are you being so mean?"
Me: "Because suddenly, I'm not in the mood to be nice."
24.last person who texted you?
"Fit. He said, "Boo!"
25.last name in your received calls?
"A number I don't store."
26.what song are you listening to?
"The one playing in my head. Jesnita by Exist."
27.last thing you bought for yourself...?
"A pair of shoes for Raya."
28.i want to...?
"Go to school. Or get some sleep. Or maybe dance like a chicken whose head had just been cut off. Why? Don't know, seems fun."
29. i really like:
"Potatoes and chicken. My idea of the perfect meal would be Chicken Rice with steamed chicken, cucumbers, the chili, bagadil and prawns. Fried prawns."
30. i have a crush on:
"Your brother. No laaa. Michael Buble!!"
31. i really hate:
"I don't wanna name names. But I really do hate Murinho."
32.have you ever cried in school?
"Yeah lotsa times! In fact, just cried in school last Saturday."
33.have you ever ran away?
"From certain things in life, yes I suppose."
34. broken someone's heart?
"Naw. I'm mean but I'm not.. evil."
35. had your heart broken?
"Everyday, Jeff."
36. cried when someone died?
"Sure. I even cry when my pet terrapin died. His name was Tommy, after the White Power Ranger. I even read him the Yasin and gave him a proper burial. Yeah I'm a real sucker for those I love. If I lived in a castle, I'd be the fool."
37.ever broken a bone?
"Yeah. The guy under the block bothers me so. But his nose would be all right. Just a bit crooked. I hope."
38.what/who is your good luck charm?
"When waiting for the bus, the best/worst person as my good luck charm would be Wani, depending on whether she'd be getting on the bus, too, or not. Heheh!"
39. person you hate most is...?
"I shan't name names."
40.person who makes you smile?
"Ryan Giggs. Heheh!"
41.person who has a crush on you?
"You really wanna know? Nahhh you don't."
42.do you sit by the phone waiting for a call all night?
"Yeah sometimes. But.. uhh I don't like, really hope for a phone call or anything.."
43.do you wish you were someone else?
"No but sometimes I wish I'd be in a totally different situation.."
44.do you cry in front of friends?
"Once or twice."
45.do you get jealous easily?
"Yes but I don't usually show it, 'cause I don't want people to know. But yeah."
46. what are you thinking about now?
"About when this thing is gonna end so that I could get some sleep."
47.what did you last say to a friend last night?
"I said to take care."
48. when will you marry?
"Hahah why does this question always make me want to laugh and slap whoever-who's-asking's face? I'll marry when God wills."
49.when did you last receive a gift?
"It doesn't have to be physical, does it? The last gift was the perfect bus ride home."
50. is all fair in love?
"Fairness does not govern life and death, much less to love. Ain't that just sad?"
broke my fall (0)
sapienta
but reading, good company and reflection
must finish him.
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!