miss rema erd
i am Hannah (my name's a palindrome).
i am the first daughter of the first daughter of the first daughter.
i love my family deep deep. my favourite red is carmaine.
i also love football, good books, sunsets, grinning babies, poets, photographers, a good intellectual conversation, quirky people, pious bad boys with soft hearts and good minds, happy surprises, the rain, flat shoes, the thought of painting, coffeebean's caramel ice blend, borders (as in the bookstore), bubble tea, and waking up on my own.
/ Ice Skate @ Kallang Leisure Park
/ Rollerblade @ ECP
/ Plan a community service project coming up!
/ Enter a photography contest
/ Jog with Tch Rapiah @ Tamp Stadium coming up!
/ Buy an English translation Qura'an
/ Buy the $100 book on the 4 Imams
/ Take up a new skill @ a CC
/ Paint a picture by Singapore River
/ Play paintball @ SDC
/ Go to the Tree Top @ MacRitchie
/ Learn how to (really) ride a horse
/ Plan an event for my old Madrasah
/
caveat lector
*yawn* 'Tis now 936 on a Sunday morn. On usual Sundays around this time, me and my family are sitting at the mosque, listening to Ustaz Jalaluddin, but today I woke up at 915 wondering, "Eh tak gi masjid?" Duh. Everyone's still asleep except mama and tok. *chuckles* (Supposed to help mama paste chocolate sprinkles on her Bon Bon biscuits, but I said "Gimme fifteen minutes, ma.")
So anyways. Song currently stuck in my head: "Do you know, the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man? Do you know, the muffin man..."
This morning, it suddenly sinked it... RYAN GIGGS TAGGED MY BOARD!! ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ... EH WAIT
Ryan Giggs don't say "lah". This one said "Update LAH." The REAL Ryan Giggs would say something like, "Hey, update your blog, sexy."
.... *rotfl*
Anyways. Yesterday was a BLAST. In one word, it would be... supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Yessa! I started off at 8 in the morn, then listened to a visually-handicapped counsellor, Mr. Paul Yuen, on his workshop. Real interesting. At one point, Jan, Nadia, Azimah, Shaf and me got bored a bit (heh), so I told them this, uhhhhh... funny joke. So funny, tears rolled off our cheeks, our jaws hurt, our stomachs grumbles and Azimah and Shaf had to go to the toilet to freshen up. Hah. It was nice, to laugh like that. It's been awhile.. The workshop finished at one I think.
After that, it was... ah, I can't put it to words lah. Just: priceless. I had so much fun. It really made my day. =) *four thumbs up* (plus the 'thumbs' on my legs laaa).
After the whole event, got back home at 5.30, sat down for ten seconds, iron clothes, took a bath, prayed, then zoomed off to Nyayi's place. Broke our fast there, at 730 zoomed off to Masjid Istighfar. The terawih for the night was actually led by a 15-year-old boy!! Impressive. He entered the tilawah competition at Mekah and got sixth place too. Impressive... Man.
Anyways.
After the whole thing, I was like a zombie, sitting there, my eyes drooping. Then there was this two brothers, came to me, "Aunty, aunty, do you remember me?" the elder one asked. I blinked my eyes. "AUNTY?? Kakak la!" He called me aunty!! -_-
"Of course la, I remember you! Which one of you is my boyfriend?"
The elder one grinned and raised his hand.
"Oh what's your name ah? I forgot ah!"
"Haziq."
"Ohhh.. How old are you?"
"6!"
"Ohhh. Okay don't call me aunty okay? Kakak Princess Hannah will do." ^-^
Then I layan-ed them a bit. Was so funny. Haziq wanted to be a soldier and 5-year-old Haiqal dreams of being a pilot. Adorable. They had the longest, curliest eyeslashes...
Then I sat around, moped around, stand around, zombied around the mosque. Usually we set off home by 10, so when the syarahan wasn't finished by 1030, I got delirious. Urgh, what I did was so embarassing, the kids must have thought that I'm crazy. But oh well. At least they were laughing, so I guess they were entertained. What did I do? Ermmm no need to know la! =D
By 1040 I got restless. Called my dad. "Baaaaaaa," I moaned.
"Nanti jap nanti jap."
It ended at 1050 and my dad was laughing, "Ah tu la, merayap lagi." Heheh. Got back by 11. Funny. Nina and Mona stayed at home with mama, and we promised them to buy this sticks that can light up when you press the button. So when we got to the door, the two of them were excited, jumping up and down, "Didyoubuyit didyoubuythelightsticks whereisitwhereisitwhereisitwhereisitwhereisit?" So I decided to play them a bit.
"*GASP* Oh my god, we forgot! Their light sticks!" Then Lili and Dee chipped in in the acting, till Nina cried! Hahaha!
"Han you're so mean!"
"I know..." =D
When the four of us (Me, Dee, Lee and aba) got back, we were laughing around in the kitchen, frying this and frying that, eat eat eat eat. After eating I crashed at the sofa. So tired, sleepy and full in the stomach that I thought I'd just sleep there for the night. Too lazy too crawl to my bed five footsteps away, mama said. Hah. I did drag myself though, and when I got in bed, all nice and warm and my security blanket wrapped around me, and the bolster so nice... I couldn't sleep. My mind was just buzzing from being charged the whole day.
So got to my parents room, watched aba's taped Punk'd and Renovate My Family. Went back to bed at 1.30 am and finally got to sleep at around 2 am. *sigh*
I thought it would be easier. I was wrong. It's harder now.
broke my fall (0)
sapienta
but reading, good company and reflection
must finish him.
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!